Historical Search HelpBack to top
The CorporateAffiliations.com Historical Database Search is a powerful research tool that lets you track changes to companies and personnel over time. The database adds over 2.5 million historical records to CorporateAffiliations.com, dating back to 1993. With this tool, you can:
- Track corporate ownership changes over the last 10 years
- Review Sales trends
- Track executive moves
- Compare all years on one easy to view screen
The historical search process is organized as follows:
- The search form is presented.
--> Specify your search critera.
- A listing of companies matching your criteria is displayed.
- If you did not select a single year in your search criteria, see 4. below. Otherwise,
a comparison of data by year is displayed. (The comparison includes a snapshot
of each year since 1993 that the company existed, as well as current data.)
--> Select a year to view a full company profile for that year.
- A full listing, including hierarchy, for the selected year will be displayed in
a printable format.
--> Select a company in the hierarchy to view its full profile for the selected year.
--> Or select one of the provided links to view the current company profile, view the year-by-year comparison, refine your search, or start a new search.
*** You may also navigate to a company’s historical data from any company profile page for which historical data exists. ***
Specifying Search Criteria
You can search by year, company name, location (city, state and country), SIC code, an executive or director’s name, and sales range, as follows:
- All search form input boxes support multiple values. To request a search for both Sears and Pepsi, enter “Sears OR Pepsi” for company name.
- Searches are NOT case-sensitive.
- A maximum of 500 results are shown for a search. If you need to narrow your search, use the “Refine Search” link.
- For Company Name, “Bank” will find all companies with names that contain “Bank” anywhere in their name.
- For Personnel Name, “John Smith” will find all companies with personnel containing both “John” and “Smith” anywhere in their full name.
- For City, the full name must be entered.
- For State and Country, the full name must be entered, or you can use the “get values” links.
Back to top
If you have a question or problem that requires immediate assistance, please contact our Technical Support department at 800-340-3244 (press 4), between the hours of 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM EST, or email them at email@example.com. If immediate assistance is not needed, see Feedback directly below.
Feedback on the search interface and its ease of use is extremely welcome. If you would like someone to contact you, please open our Feedback form and indicate this using the Please Contact dropdown on the Feedback form and someone will be in contact with you within two business days.